What desserts do you make for Thanksgiving--not pie related?

I'm looking for something to make for dessert for Thanksgiving - my DH and I are not really into pie. Any other suggestions? Thanks for any input!

swrockhead

Asked by swrockhead at 8:15 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Food & Drink

• pumpkin casserole - YUMMY! it's kinda like the pie but creamier and without the crust.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:19 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• pumpkin delight its a sort of rectangular parfait with cream cheese pumpkin and whipped cream
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 8:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Cheesecake.. I change it up every year.
    Sometimes it's chocolate, sometimes it's Milky Way, Butterfinger, Turtle, Pumpkin.. depends on my mood.
    I also make Spice cake sometimes. I am making one this year.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• sweet potatos cooked and cut up, mix with brown sugar and top with melted marshmallows. My mom makes it every year...yummy!
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 9:54 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Indian Pudding -- found it on food network . com under semi homemade. It's sooooo yummy but you have to like molasses.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Apple Crisp, apple brown betty - any of the old, traditional autumn desserts. You could poach pears if you want something elegant or make caramel apples if you want something fun.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:18 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• banana pudding, fruit salad, bread pudding,bake some apples, pour honey over them, you can do this with pears also. just get imagitive. God Bless
    IlistN

Answer by IlistN at 1:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Fudge, pies, cookies, and cakes.  This is the time of year where my husband loves to sniff the air.  I go baking crazy till January, lol.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:01 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle.. It's Paula Deen's recipe, I made it last year and it was DELICIOUS.. it gets better as it sits in the fridge.. easy to make too.. The recipe is on foodnetwork.com.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008