has n e one else done this after given birth.? what chances will it happen again?

3 years ago when i had my first child ..when the pleacenta came out i started to bleed alot..( utres would not contract back). almost had to have a blood transfusion and a emergency femal surgrey!.

im 7 and half weeks preg with my second child and i was wondering what are the chances of this happing again. i talked to my doc. he said more then likely it will. =(

i was just wanting to know who had this problem and did it reoccur with 2nd child?

leAnn21

Asked by leAnn21 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem with my first but never after that. Ive had 3 total and never any problem with my second two.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 2:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Im not sure because I only have the one and I had that same thing happen. Please let me know how it goes and if it happens again. This is something that I would love to know about because we are thinking about trying for #2. Good luck and I hope everything goes ok!! Oh yeah and CONGRATS!!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I hemmorgaed with my 3rd but she was 10 lbs so my poor uterus really had to fight to back in shape. No I didnt do it again with my son. did they give you pitocin to help it contract & go back to the right size.?
    sweetsinglemama

Answer by sweetsinglemama at 2:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• ty girls!...my little girl weighed 9 lbs and 4ozs.
    im not sure if they did or not but after i was bleeding i was getting shots in my thighs
    leAnn21

Comment by leAnn21 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• it's not common to hemorrhage after a birth and chances are you probably wont again but your care providers will be proactive this time around to help ensure you don't bleed too badly.
    Are you anemic?
    Ask your care provider about taking extra iron and also extra vit K (this helps with clotting) you can get both with the herbal supplement Alfalfa, which is perfectly safe to take while pregnant. You might want to talk to a midwife or herbalist.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I went down to like 56/20 after the birth of my daughter. The lower half was not contracting down like it was supposed to. Then I suffered a miscarriage when she was not quite 2. I saw a high risk OB when I became pregnant again and told him about all the blood loss. While I bled quite a bit after my son it was not as bad as my daughter. This is when I found out about the uterus not contracting appropriately. Went on to have two more kids after that with NO abnormal amount of blood loss. Once they know about the condition they can have preventative measures in place. So even if it does re-occur this time they can be ready and keep it minimal. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010