at how many months can you start giving babies 2 bathes a week?

camo_chick86

Asked by camo_chick86 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• huh? i've always given my kids a bath at least every other day when they were first born it was that way then when they got 6m it was everyday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You can at any time. Both of my DD's had VERY dry skin when they were really little so I couldn't bathe them every day, it had to be about every 2 days, but as they got older, they're fine now to have one every day. If you go ahead and get them used to the baths young, they'll be more likely to want to take a bath when they get older. My 2 1/2 year old LOVES baths now, but she hated the water when she was tiny.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 9:51 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My son is 3 months and takes a bath every other night and has been since his umbilical cord fell off. And if he spits up alot or pees all over himself that day he takes one in between.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my DD has had 2 baths a week since the day she came home
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• as soon as my sons cord fell off he got a bath everyday..unless he was extremly tierd then i allowed him to skip a day and he is 6 months old. and he dont have dry skin
    ImaBeAMommy

Answer by ImaBeAMommy at 1:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i will get alot of crap for thisone, but my son is 8.5 mos old, and we bathe him once a week. unless he gets nasty or has a bad diaper blowout, then of course we bathe him. he does not have any skin problems, and has never had diaper rash. in the summer, he may have gotten a few more baths, just because he sweat in the heat. but for the most part, my son is inside and dosent get dirty. we wipe him down really good after every meal, and at diaper changes, he airs out alot ( he'd rather be nekked) and so i just dont see the need.
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 3:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My baby is 3 months and has gotten a bath everynight since he came home as part of his bedtime routine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• well the reason she hasnt gotten a bath more then 1 time a week is bc the her dr said only once a week bc her skin was really dry at first.
    camo_chick86

Answer by camo_chick86 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My daughter has been taking a bath every day since she was born. It's just in her bedtime routine. To prevent her skin from drying out, we only use baby soap a couple times a week....otherwise it's just plain water. :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:06 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i sponged bathed my daughter pretty much every day until her cord fell off and then when that finally fell off i started to give her a bath every night before bed...she would smell real bad of puke and i just got in the habit of giving her nightly baths, plus it calms her down if she's had a rough day. i make sure i put enough lotion on to keep her from getting dry skin and she's done well...so it's honestly up to you
    anabelsmommy08

Answer by anabelsmommy08 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2008