Anyone have a death in your family and have it tear your family apart?

My gran is 86 and last fall (2009) diagnoised with bone cancer and had a rough year but did really well this summer. She has good and bad days and the docs say the it will not be the cancer thatkills her but something else... she gets sick, breaks somethink like a hip or any other old age type a thing.

She has 6 kids and 2 of them(twins) gone off the deep end with what they thing she needs (they eant to call hospice and dont seep to understand that that is something you call when the end is very near... they hoover and dont let her do anything for herself and granny is very independent still)! There has been some huge fights started by them!
So worried as to what this will mean for my family... I iused to LOVE being with them now I can hardly stand it!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Don't waste the time you have to love someone...do what you know in your heart to be the right things to do ...
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My Grandma died of cancer 7 years ago, our family ceased to exist after her death... she was the one holding everyone together. Good luck for your family and I hope you all stick together.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• This is a difficult time for everyone. Some families it breaks them apart, some families cleave together. JUst try to remember when they're being unreasonable that it's because of their feeling about herl. I hope the best for yours.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My mom died of cancer last year in June. She was the one holding my sister and I together. We live about an hour apart and I have seen her three times. One of those were for a funeral.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010