Do you feel positive about Obama after the election, when you didn't before?

I do feel hopeful that he will suceed even though I do not agree with his policies generally. I am cautiously optimistic that my family will not be hard hit and even though I hate to see anyone be negatively affected, I don't think he will be able to pull off all of his plans when he has to deal with the messes that require immediate attention. I know alot of women will say no, but I am more interested in the people that can openly embrace the new First Family, even though they didn't want Obama to get in. R U out there? And this isn't really a political post, it's a people post so it's under Just for Fun.

manna1qd

Asked by manna1qd at 8:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think you show incredible maturity by accepting Obama as a man and a father and that you're willing to give him a chance. There are just too many people still out there that think he's a tyrant and some sort of evil demon or something.

I've always been an Obama supporter, and I'm very happy that more people are giving him a chance. I agree that he won't be able to do everything he originally planned...but nothing ever goes as planned, anyway. We don't live in a perfect world, after all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• He inspired hope in the American people. I'm sure you saw the lines of people waiting to vote. I'm 42, been voting since I was 18. Never, NEVER have I seen anything like what I saw on Tuesday. People are hungry for the change he offers.

He has ideas to help the 95% ofpeople who were ignored by the Bush regime for 8 years. He won't be able to apply everything he proposed during his campaign because some in the Senate and Congress will not want it.  I do think, however, things will be better with him. He's young, with fresh ideas, a new way of looking at things. He grew up in poverty so he knows, really knows, how many Americans are struggling right now.

I supported him, I voted for him, I think he will be good for this country.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I have come around a little...you know he is going to be the President and I sincerely HOPE he can do everything he claims he wants to without raising taxes, but I know he is going to raise taxes and send everyone deeper in debt...hope not tho.
    mommyof2boys813

Answer by mommyof2boys813 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I just don't think that Obama is ready for the job and that has nothing to do with what color he is. He could look like Barney, the gay dinosaur for all I care. I'm concerned for our troops if he cuts off funding for them. In a few months... possibly sooner I will be "adopting" a soldier through my church and I have a 2nd cousin on his 3rd tour in Iraq. I don't think he will make good on his promise to bring troops home.
    lilangel2505

Answer by lilangel2505 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I am still nervous as all get out. I think his election goes to show that the American people can be easily duped or guilted into voting for someone who is so clearly wrong for this country.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008