Do your inlaw and parents ever see each other?

mine do at Christmas and the kids birthdays but that is it

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 3:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We try and do as much separately as possible. It's a huge source of anxiety for DH and I.

Didn't used to be like that.... on the day my daughter was born (my son was 19 months) my Momma had packed an activity kit to keep him occupied at the hospital while the adults were cooing over the new baby. One of the items she brought was paper, an Elmo coloring book, and those fat toddler crayons. My mother in law snatched the crayon out of his hand and chewed my Mom out that he was far too young for crayons. It's been awkward ever since.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Mom and Dad (my amazing In-Laws) have never met and will never meet my bio parents. My Momski (the Mom I should have had growing up) has never met Mom and Dad, but I hope she does one day!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Only at birthday parties.
    redtree5

Answer by redtree5 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Good lord NO. We have separate celebrations for everything. My mom is crazy when it comes to in-laws and is just downright rude. It is not fair to the in-laws to have to deal with her acting like an ass.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My parents are divorced.

My father and his wife live an hour from us and visit every time my in laws (other side of the US) visit us... they get along wonderfully.

My mother and her husband have not seen my in laws in YEARS. My mother thinks they are too fancy (for lack of a better word) for her. I think she sounds like a teenager. That is just silly to be intimidated by anyone.

Anonymous

• No I have tried to have one kids birthday party or christmass at my house or something, but my mom will never go for it, and then she saysyou always spend the holidays with them, like my DH's parents are evil or something. I tried to spend about the same amount od time together at each house, but she always make a big deal aboout it. I invoited her to nuteral ground, the lake last year for my daughters birthday, but she wouldn't go. She had a seperate birthday for her at her house a week later. Its annoying at times, b ut I've just accepted that they wil not get together.
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 3:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nope. My parents live in Texas at the moment. My inlaws live in India.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No, not even the birthday parties. My dh's family is all involved with his sistet's kids, not our one. So, pretty much, he thinks his "family" id my parents and my sisters' families.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sometimes, usually my dad and FIL - they are both musicians and have got together a few times for jam sessions. When MIL was alive, she joined in as well. My mom has only seen them a few times. (They live about 200 miles apart)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Only at b-day parties- when my ILs show up, which isn't every birthday!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010