WTF?!

I've seen some really weird things, but WTF is up with my cats hunting down my bread and tearing into it? Not even really eating any of it, just ripping it open and then I'll find it the next day with fruit flies or gnats or something in the bag. WTF?!

I don't know if I want to kill my husband or the cats more, because I started putting the bread in the fridge a looong time ago (before these cats ever came along) and he refuses to put it back! I think he's caused us to lose 3 loaves of bread in December alone.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pets

• Mine do it too, I have no idea why.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I've never observed this. Ours don't do it. A new game, maybe?

Answer by Bmat at 3:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Get a wooden bread box thing to put your bread in. Or at Wal-Mart they have plastic containers you can put a whole loaf of bread into and to push it up you just pull the bag down the outside of the container. Then snap the lid on when you're done. Maybe it would be easier to train him to put the lid on than to remember to put it back in the fridge. Then if he's a good boy and does it right throw him a piece of bread for a treat. lol
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would ask him What his problem is. My cats never touch the bread,we leave it on the counter.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It's the bag. My cats did this too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I googled it, and it seems that others have the same experience as you. I didn't find, why. There was comment about the fun of plastic bags, but also that some cats like bread. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 3:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My cts do not do this, but my SIL's cat eats all plastic bags.
    I bought a plastic bread container, so my bread doesn't get smashed. It would fix your problem.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 3:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• That's crazy! I bet they like the crinkly sound of the bag. Bad kitties! :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Cat's are very strange creatures. It's tricky sometimes to figure out what makes kitty tick! lol I had a cat that went berzerk for melon! Just weird! He'd even lick the sink after melon was in it, even though it was clean.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I actually know how to put my bread away in a place where the cats won't get it. It's my HUSBAND who keeps leaving it out. Oh and we tried a bread box. They knocked it off the counter (and the top of the fridge once) when we were out and tore into it. I ALWAYS put ALL of my breads in the fridge, but my ******* ******* husband doesn't seem to know how to do that. IDK if it's my PMS or if I'm just sick of this, but if I don't really calm down by the time he gets home, I'm gonna let him have it.

Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010