How often do you use your dinning room table

Do you have special dishes for that table or do you use your every day dishes?
What events do you use the dinning room table for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We eat dinner in our dining room almost every night. I don't have special dishes, our everyday are Nautica Arctic Nights & Arctic Whites, they can be dressed up or down.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Not very often. The dinning room is covered in papers nd there are so many boxes in the dinning room you couldn't get there anyway. My mom is sort of a horder. WE just use the bar in the kitchen to eat on, or eat in the living room.
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 3:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We eat at the dining room table every single day. I do have my grandmother's china, but I haven't broken it out yet, too scared with the little ones. I use everyday dishes (all white) for everything. For holidays and special events I dress the table up with a table runner and use nice serveware.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I don't have a dining room, but the kitchen table gets used for every meal, and I don't have special dishes, unless you mean paper plates. I'll use them for everyday just to cut down on housework.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• scuba... do you also have a kitchen table but use dinner as a family formal time (btw... I love this)

akiranth... is this YOUR home or HERS?? Im a bit confused why your mother would have boxes in your home.

gramsmom... same Q as scuba... do you also have a kitchen table?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We eat in the dining room at least once a day, at dinner. We often eat breakfast and lunch in the eat-in kitchen.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• my turn to answer... we serve dinner in the dinning room when we have company, for the holidays, if we are celebrating one of the kids' accomplishments, or if we have a dinner party.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• everytime we get a chance we use it but no special dishes
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• We use the kitchen table for everyday meals, and the dining table for holidays, birthdays, company and other special occasions, sometimes just for fun. We have two sets of formal dishes, one is white with a gold rim. Formal flatware. I also have another set that was my husband's mothers, from Italy, yellow roses on cream with gold accents. We only use those on rare occasions. I always use tablecloth and cloth napkins and have candles and flowers on the table for those occasions.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2010