Fingers cracking in the winter

Every winter I get these tiny cracks in the tips of my fingers next to the nail end. For such a little crack they hurt like heck! I've tried different hand cremes etc that doesn't seem to help. Sometimes I just put ointment on with bandaids on all of my fingers at night. Anyone else expecience this and have any other solution?

Carolannie

Asked by Carolannie at 3:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Health

• Hand cream, the thick stuff, as often as you remember. Don't wash hands any more than you really HAVE to, do not use that hand sanitizer or antibacterial soaps.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:07 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I do and do a few things... Satin hands by MAry Kay, NoCrack, google it it ROCKS, and there is something by ARBONNE that I love but cant remember the name
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 3:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Because you run the heater in the winter your skin dries out so much more. Make sure you are drinking more water get a good hand cream and it might help to get a hummidifier(SP) Thats what helped me. Hope you find something that work.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I used to get it all the time, I bought a lotion called Udderly smooth, and it helps keeps my hands from drying out.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I do and so does my hubs. We will put neosporin on them if they are super bad and sleep with gloves on. I also have a lotion that is for feet that I put on my hands now too that is awesome. I get it at Kohl's and it is called Earth Therapeutics Intensive Heel Repair. It is awesome stuff on your feet and hands.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I use neosproin for the bad cracks but I slather hands with vaseline and put on cotton gloves for a few nights a week and that seems to keep the cracking at bay.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I use Gold Bond Lotion, works for me.
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Bag Balm
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2010