When you have a formal dinning room dinner...

do you seat everyone (place cards) or is it open seating?

does hubby or fil or your father get the head?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Hubby gets head, if its your home, your decision to set or place cards. Have fun!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Open. Dh and I are both from families that have always had open seating. FIL always leads a prayer but he's as likely to be seen sitting next to the kids as at the head of the table. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• YES! We are old school. Hubs gets the head and the second oldest man gets the other. Women to the right and we sit boy girl. I do the dinning room dinning formal.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Depends...if we are hosting, we sit closest to the kitchen for serving purpose- the rest is open seating, lefties seated in lefty spots....

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Everyone just picks a spot and sits.
    VanBurren

Answer by VanBurren at 11:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• open but hubby gets head of table
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I don't do place cards, I think that's a bit pretentious, but I do tell people where to sit. DH get the head of the table because it's our house, I need to sit at his right, because that's the most convenient to the kitchen, for getting up to serve another course. One son is left handed, so he need to sit on the other end of table, so he doesn't clank elbows with a right handed person next to him. Works out fine.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2010