Is their anyone from NewYork City or been there? I wan't to go someday so bad..

If you have, what are the pros and cons of the place.Im just a West Texas country girl and would love to actually see how other ppl live and what their demeanor is like.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Travel

• I want to go badly too. My goal was 2011 but now it's looking to be more like 2012 :( I'm curious to see how NYC compares to LA.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I work there. I'm there right now. It's wonderful. Lots of people, hustle and bustle. I really love it. I can't think of a bad thing to say. You should definitely see it for yourself. Make sure you see a Broadway Show. They are expensive, but worth it. People are people, the same everywhere. Mostly friendly with the occasional grouch thrown in.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Ive been there once and hope to never have to go there again, lol. Guess Im just not the NY type of gal! ;) Lol.. Im from MD.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My sister lives just outside of the city. I have been there and it is NOT the place for me. I love what they have to offer for restaurants, shopping etc. but it is SO crowded. I hated riding in the taxi's, they are not crazy people there, lol. Because it was so crowded it seemed as though people were rude, not that they were really, just everyone trying to get where they needed to be to me it felt like I was always being pushed around. That is just me though, my DD has gone and LOVES it. She loves the hussle and bussle of the city! I think for people that love the city and all that it has to offer and you like the crowds New York City is the place to be. I also have a friend who lives there in the city and he LOVES it.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Oppps...I meant I hated riding in the taxi's they are crazy drivers there, lol
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• If you don't like crazy crowds, don't go during the holidays. Now it's nuts. But it's not always that bad. Spring is a good time, but not during Easter vacation.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I went to NYC a couple years ago. I'm a country girl too and it was intimidating. Traffic like you wouldn't believe, the city smell is overwhelming, the press of people around you is daunting... but there are some really cool things to see. Stepping out of Grand Central Station, you look up and the sky is totally occluded by skyscrapers. It's an impressive tribute to man's ingenuity. The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island are very cool and the NYC Museum of Natural History has a TON of really cool stuff in it.

It's expensive and loud and obnoxious, but there's cool stuff there too. Visiting is cool, definately would not want to live there!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I grew up outside of NYC and always thought I'd live there. People give the impression of not caring and being gruff. In truth, I find New Yorkers to be far more friendly than the people in LA. I always loved that I could get a newspaper in just about any written language or find satisfaction for a foreign food craving at just about any time of the day

I definitely miss the hustle and bustle but know I could never live there again. We now live on the outskirts of a medium city and even that is becoming crowded for us.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I love NYC!! I've been there many times, and my DH and I met there! It's a very fast-paced city, you can feel the energy - nothing like it in the world. The Pros; there is something to do every minute of the day, the architecture is stunning, the food is spectacular, shopping is great, and it's really easy to get around. Central Park (which is HUGE) has a zoo, wonderful fountains, and there is a livery so you can even horse back ride. The Cons; it's an expensive city. Expect to pay at least $250 per night for a decent (not extravagant) hotel in Manhattan. Food is more expensive as well, at least double what we pay here in Cleveland. It can also be really overwhelming for some people - it's loud, busy and crowded almost always. (I enjoy it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea). As far as demeanor goes, New Yorkers tend to be very direct, it's not rudeness, they are just busy. I appreciate their style!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I lived there for 20 years. Very fast and very modern.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010