chiropractor?

Does anyone have an opinion about chiropractors?
My best friends swears by hers but my husband thinks it all bunk.
My back has been killing me since my last pregnancy and I was thinking about see one, despite my husbands opinion.
What do you think? Any experiences you could share?

tobys.mommy

Asked by tobys.mommy at 3:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Health

• I love my chiropractor. If they have the tables that move, thats the best. I wouldn't be walking at all if I didn't see one.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I Love mine. I started going at 16 after I had a car accident. We also foud I had some congenital defects like degenerative disc disease. If it wasnt for my chiro's over the years I would be non mobile many days of my life. They help keep me moving and prevent me needing surgery that a regular Dr recommended when I was 25. Im 38 now and still no surgery and I wont do it until I have no choice.

Not all of them are good either, Ive found a couple of bad ones in all these years but there are good ones too. If your friend uses one try hers and see if you like him/her. It wont be fixed in one visit and you are liable to hurt like hell the first few times OR you could feel much better, it varies.

My ex called mine a horse dr.....lol
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have gone to a chiropractor since I was 13 years old (that's 19 years), and I will never stop. There are good ones out there, and there are bad ones out there, like everything else. I find that the simple ones are usually the better ones. Not too much equipment. Not asking you to come in every day for weeks or months at a time. I like the ones that use just their hands, an activator, and a drop table and not a bunch of other stuff.

I was in a car accident when I was 17. It was really bad. I was having trouble with balance and walking. Doctors couldn't figure it out. I was out of the hospital in 3 months, in a wheelchair. My mom took me to my chiropractor. In 3 weeks I was ready to start physical therapy to get to walk again. He found where my clavicle had been broken, where my skull had been maladjusted and was crushing nerves at the base, preventing the nerves from communicating/responding. Doctors hadn't found/didn't...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Doctors hadn't found/didn't know how to repair any of that. 6 months later I was on my feet and playing sports again. Can't say enough about a good chiropractor!~
    misses_nick

• Up until two years ago, I would have told you not to hesitate about going to a Chiropractor. I had been going for about 15 years. But a couple years ago, my back started to get really bad. (I have a bad back anyway due to two accidents when I was a teen)...anyway, I went to my normal Chiropractor and told him what had been going on. I know that he just did the normal stuff he has always been doing, but there was a sudden move on his part and I was in so much pain. Maybe that was good, maybe that was bad, I have no idea. But I know that it didn't make my back better. Every since that day, I can stand or walk for long periods of time without it bothering me. So, I really don't know what to say...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My aunt loves hers and goes to one all the time for everything. If she has an earache she says it is because she is out of alignment. She even took my son to see him when he was just a baby. I was so mad. She did it while I was at work and did not aks my opinion on the matter. However, I will say that his cold did go away. I don't know if it had anything to do with the chiropractor or not.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Have you tried a deep tissue massage? You can always go for a consultation and get their opinion on how their service would help you.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 9:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• They've fixed my back problems!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I love my chiro. He helped me when I was at a point where I could barely move and was constantly miserable.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2010