Do you think this should be a law ?

That after you have 2 kids that are born addicted to drugs and / or taken away from you.... you should be aloud to have anymore .. I dont mean like "fix" them but like make them get the type of birth control that keeps you from getting pregnant for 5+ years ....

I know a 28 year old woman who just had her 7th kid - each of them were born addicted to drugs and each were taken away from her, but yet nothing has happened to her and she continues to have babies....

I mean obvioulsy this would be an argument of not letting the government control our bodies ... but how else would something like this be stopped?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I gave you a bump since I rather not answer this.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I agree...it is a slippery slope but someone has to protect these kids!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• – collapse
    Do you think this woman would have had the 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th if birth control was simple and easy to get? If abortion had been freely and widely available?

The argument against people using 'abortion as birth control' is usually something like 'then they'll never be able to carry a pregnancy to term.' What a shame that would be...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• How sad.
    I'd be all for it,but how would you go about that?!
    I feel the same way about mom's who abuse/neglect their babies. My sister left her 6 month old alone at home while she went to a bar. The neighbors called the police because she was crying for hours. They found her filthy with a diaper that looked like it had exploded with poop and pee!
    Her second child she just left at the hospital after he was born.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think if they are having babies addicted to drugs then yes the government SHOULD be able to stop that person from having any more. I think the argument that the government should not be able to control our bodies is ironic because it will be the government having to take care of these children in the end.
    Anonymous

• Those poor children!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i agree that these children being born addicted to drugs and living a life of being separated from a crack whore addicted mother (or whatever drug(s) she was taking while pregnant) is a horrible life to live. these children will probably be passed around from foster home to foster home, grow up with some personality complex inferiorities and possibly have behavioral problems, not only from the drugs that they were forced to take while in utero but from the life that was given to them. im not sure how i feel about government stepping in and sterilizing the mother. should she have her children taken away? of course, atleast until she's clean. should she not be able to have anymore? probably, but nobody else is really able to judge or take care of that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• If it was a law... then it would be like... when they were in the hospital after giving birth they will have the birth control put in and basically put in

OR a less invasive way would be if they get pregnant again they are put in jail ( kind of like they violate probation) .... 18 years during that time she would have to work to earn money to support the kids..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Very sad.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Very slippery slope ... however, if documentation could be proven ... then maybe a government agency should step in to stop her from having more children.

IDK ... it's a catch-22 situation.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2010