• In the Spotlight:

What do you think of the Obama admin. proposal of a "Web Bill of Rights?"

By JULIA ANGWIN
The Obama administration called Thursday for the creation of a Privacy Policy Office that would help develop an Internet "privacy bill of rights" for U.S citizens and coordinate privacy issues globally.

The U.S. Commerce Department's report stopped short of calling directly for specific privacy legislation. Instead, it recommends a "framework" to protect people from a burgeoning personal data-gathering industry and fragmented U.S. privacy laws that cover certain types of data but not others.

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703395204576023521659672058.html#ixzz18JG6e1g9

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703395204576023521659672058.html#ixzz18JFzapDZ

tasches

Asked by tasches at 3:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Technology

• This is the administration that allowed Wicki Leaks to happen...yeah right...that's who I want in charge of privacy issues.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Once again the current administration is trying to expand it's duties while not being able take care of the responsibilitiesthat have already been assigned.  I agree with SweetLuci - this is the ideal group of people to be handling our Internet privacy.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have no trust in this administration whatsoever. I would go way over my allotted number of characters trying to list all the different promises that have been broken to the people of the United States by this group. Why would we entrust our privacy to people who don't play by the rules, who sue our own states and support foreign regimes and the United Nations over and above any of us, who walk right over Congress and appoint czars, who alienate our allies and suck up to our enemies? I believe it is just another ploy to expand the size and power of government and to get their grasping fingers into the Internet which has done so much for the individual.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 5:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010