Annoyed at my hubby.

So I posted yesterday about going to his family's get together due to his Aunt's death. Well- I went, sick baby and all. Gauge got passed around and even handed to other kids! YOUNG kids!
Randall didnt stick by me at all! He left me in a room full of crying people that I don't even know, telling me they love me and taking my kid.
I ended up saying "I'm just gonna hold Gauge now." when they let a 6 yr old hold him! Without asking me. And Randall goes "She knows how to hold him. Its fine." So everyone gets all silent and stares at me...
He thinks he didnt do anything wrong...How do get him to understand I need him to be around me when I'm meeting his family??

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 9:13 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm not going to say I told you so. I gave you the advice I did because it happened to me before. The baby passing game. Your bf threw you under the bus and let you get run over again and again. Your child is not there to make people feel better. You didn't have a kid so everyone can use him as their own personal doll. I would chew him up and spit him out. So you went in RSV and flu and cold season when your son was already not feeling well and other kids touched him. That would make me beyond pissed. I would be seeing red for a week. Next time bring a baby carrier - be the bitch - either you are a bitch or your baby is up for grabs. I'm now known as the bitch to my dh's family but I don't care because it is not their son. I hope this helps.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 9:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Honestly, I will tell you that you need to be able to get along without him sometimes. His Aunt is gone and he has some obligation to mix and mingle, show his sympathy (guess it was his father or mother's sister). I am thinking you weren't able to hang with him? If it was a New Year's Eve party or a wedding he was just a guest at, you would have something. In this case, his temporary priority was to his family and yours was to take care of your child and self so he could do that. It's ok to have trouble with it but not ok to blame him or not do what you can to change. You can do it.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:18 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• If I were you, I would have said matter of factly that the baby just had shots and was not feeling well, and you were going to let him rest in his car seat. Then you could have brought the car seat in and put him in it so not everywhere would have had their hands on him. Maybe your dh didn't know how to react or felt ackward, I would talk with him about though and tell him how you felt uncomfortable yesterday.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• A lot of us told you not to bring the baby with you....If you plan on being with this guy for a long time..You need to learn how to deal with his family,with him around or without him around.. Plain and simple..

Answer by louise2 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 8, 2008