what you think of workingout and just eating ceral and lowfat milk and drink alot of water?

I workout at home every day and eay just otmeal ceral and low fat milk once a day and i try not to eat anything because i want to get to use to just drinking water. I am afriad of every thing i am not sure what is the right food and what is wrong. Every food have some kind of calories. i drink my tea with more less sugure now and i am stying out of everything that can makes me gain waight. i want to go with zero calories.

nadin8

Asked by nadin8 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Have fun with that. Your body will eat its self if you deprive it of necessary fat and calories.

You'll get horribly ill if you deprive yourself of fresh fruits & veggies. You have the internet, why can't you google? I hope you're not serious.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You should meet with a nutritionist. They can teach you what foods are good which are necessary and how often.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My thoughts based on what you shared.

You are potentially doing severe damage to your body, your organs and their functioning ability mainly. And your metabolism.

It's impossible for the human body to live off of 0 calories. Calories are the "fuel" that the human body needs to function. Not only that, by not eating, you are also denying your body other precious vitamins and minerals it needs to function properly and survive. PLUS, By NOT eating. You force your body to retain more calories (more fat actually) in order to function. What you eat will be stored instead of burned, so that the body has "fuel"during the periods that you are not eating anything.

A healthy diet rich in low fat/lean meats, fresh fruits and vegables (frozen is also good. canned usually has tons of sodium or syrup), whole grains, lots of water is best. Plus EXERCISE, daily exercise to burn of extra calories.
    Cont.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The amount of calories your body needs is dependent on things like: age, height, weight, goal for weight loss... etc.

Me personally. For my height my age, weight maintenance, and exercise routine.. I need to take in 1600-1800 calories per day.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You cant go with zero calories. You need fuel/energy for your body. you can learn how to cook healthy balanced meals for your family. Eat lean meats like chicken, tuna and fish. Dont cook with butter, use cooking spray. Eat alot of veggies. You may need to do something like weight watchers to learn how to cook and get the portions right. You probably need about 1500 calories/day. You can look online and see how many calories you need per day to lose wieght based on your height and activity level.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The right foods translate into energy. Without some carbs your body will become sluggish at some point since it won't have the calories that the body needs daily. Yes the oatmeal is good but you need more than that to get you through a day if you workout since you will be burning calories.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You need to eat 3 balanced meals a day with high protein snacks
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2011