Where is the motivation hiding?!?

I used to be 145lbs before i got pregnant, during my last month's of pregnancy i swelled up so much i sky rocketed to 215lb, after i gave birth i lost 30 lb's right away, well when i went to my 4 week check up, the nurse asked about BC so i agreed to depo because it lasted 3 month's and i was about to loose my insurance, with in a matter of a few weeks i gained all that weight back, and 4 year's later i still weaight 215-220lbs!!!

I'm only 5'4 and i feel so discusting with the way i look, I know my daughter's father isn't 100% sexually attracted to me, I've tried to loose weight and i never stick to it..

I can't seem to find the motivation to just suck it up and loose the weight, I'm so tired of living this way, I hate the way i look and feel..

AudrisMom06

Asked by AudrisMom06 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I can relate. I was really really heavy and lost quite a bit of weight. Now that I "only" have about 40 left to go I have no motivation. I stick to diet & exercise for awhile then screw up. I haven't exercised since Thanksgiving and I feel like crud. I'm hoping after the holidays, when I have my new Zumba game for the Xbox Kinect, I will have a renewed interest in getting healthy.

Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think the most discouraging thing is seeing mom's out there that have even multiple children and there so thin and it's like how did i allow myself to look like this..
    AudrisMom06

Comment by AudrisMom06 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have 3 kids and gained 60 lbs with each! I lost some weight in between of course but it all added up. With my 3rd I had gained an entire 100 lbs. My sweet husband never said a damn word and finally I got disgusted enough with myself to make a change.

I actually did low-carb and lost a ton of weight. Like 90 lbs. I stopped eating that way for awhile but now I'm ready to lose the rest of the weight, so I've gone back to low-carb eating. Now I just have to get up the motivation to exercise.

Good luck and get your butt moving!!! =P Easier said then done right...
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Thanks alot, that really helps, What sort of thing's did you eat?
    AudrisMom06

Comment by AudrisMom06 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Protein shakes for breakfast blended with peanut butter. Almond milk is really low-carb, like 2 grams (check the label because there are many varieties), nuts for snacks. You can eat salad, chicken, meat, cheese, everything. I like to buy the bags of frozen scallops, chicken tenders, etc for quick lunches. Just stay UNDER 30 net carbs/day. I also found a recipe to make low-carb flour for baking so I make low carb cookies when I need a sweets fix. It's a pretty easy diet to stick to and you can eat a lot.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Its hard but once you get started it will get easier
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2011