How do I get my husband off the computer?

He is on the computer all the time. I've even told him that if he wants his computer more than me then I will take the baby and leave. He got off but the very next week went back to the computer.

jessalynne

Asked by jessalynne at 3:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Hide the power cord.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• remove the power cord and hide it,then assume you know nothing of its whereabouts

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• when you find out let all the other ladies know how.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• See if you can negotiate a time with him, say equal time for family and computer. or computer only after the baby is in bed, or computer only after 9 PM, something like this.

Answer by Bmat at 3:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• cancel the internet
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It's not really about getting them off entirely. It's about scheduling time for you guys to hang out. Our rule is that hubby participates in whatever family outings I plan or gives us an hour or two of family time, then he is free to play his games as much as he wants. That's on week ends.
    On weekdays he really doesn't play at home since he can play at work. Weekday nights are for us to watch our tv shows together.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:53 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You could make your life so interesting and rewarding that he is drawn more to you than to the computer... and even if he decided to stick with the computer, you'd at least have an interesting and rewarding life. More flies with honey, style of thing.

Or, you could try nagging. Or controlling him --men (like women and children) love being controlled. And manipulated. They love that. Try acting like his mother by taking his possessions away from him, then lie to him about it.... That will certainly work wonders for your marriage.

I know that my marriage got so much better once my husband started pretending he was my dad and lying to me...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I agree with the other posters. Let him know you just want family time and alone time with him. Maybe set up a schedule like one person said after baby goes to bed, or from this time to this time. I hate to say it but they are like kids and I don't know about you but we had "computer time" and it was set up as to when and how long. I wouldn't approach it exactly like that though, LOL. I would go with the "I really want to have time with you" approach.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Me personally. If this were an issue in my marriage.

I would offer up some other activities. I would start doing things that would interest my husband, he would find fun, and we could do together.

The more active and involved my husband and I are with each other. The less time either of us spend on the computers/gaminhg/etc.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The problem with that Orionsgirl is he plays on the computer at work and at home. He ignores me and the baby . The only time he is not on the computer is when the older kids are here and thats because they are on the computer.
    jessalynne

Comment by jessalynne (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2010