contractions for 4 days wth???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Braxton hicks or REAL contractions? It does happen, though...

Answer by gdiamante at 3:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sounds like prodromal labor. It can go on for awhile. Be patient. It's pretty much your body preparing to go into labor.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 3:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I was in active labor making slow progression for 8 days with my youngest. Stress was preventing me from making any quicker progress. it was insane!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My 2nd I had contractions for 4 days. 10 minutes apart never got any closer, they ended up having to induce me to get my body working. :) Good Luck and Congrats.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My sister's been complaining for like 2 weeks now that she's been having contractions. She's been to the E.R. twice. They sent her home the first time. The second time it was a different doctor who is in the same practice with her doctor. She wouldn't do anything since my sister isn't her patient. She saw her doctor and he said come in this night to the E.R. I'm working that night, we'll do something about it, but her boyfriend didn't want to go sit in the hospital for hours, so she didn't go. She will be induced on the 21st because her doctor will be on vacation after that. She says she's 5 cm. dilated and 75% effaced, but doesn't progress any more than that. Her water hasn't broken either. If it had it would be a different story.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• When my sister went to the hospital they checked her for STD's because they can cause contractions. So can being dehydrated. So can infections....Could be any number of things really, only your doctor can tell you for sure.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It happens, hang in there!
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 7:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010