Christmas gifts for a 2month old??

Our son is only 2 months old. We've bought him a ton of toys for Christmas, but they are all things that he'll play with in the next few months... I need a few ideas of things we can get for him that he'll use now... Thanks so much! {I know most people will say that he really doesn't need anything right now, but we have a 2 year old daughter and I'm all about fairness. So he needs to have just as many gifts as she does. I know it sounds crazy, but its something that is really important to me. ;) }

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 3:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think its crazy at all, my daughter is 4 months old this Christmas and Im doing the same thing. Some stuff she cant use until she is walking. LOL
    How about some teething animals, some clothes, keys, anything with lights. Merry Christmas!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Since what a 2mo needs is sleep, loving arms, food and basic cleanliness, I'd say 'there is nothing a 2mo needs that can wait for Christmas morning to get, and nothing he wants that he does not need.'

Please yourself this Christmas, he will be completely unaware of all of what's going on around him. Buy stuff for his room, or keepsakes like ornaments 'baby's first' or photo albums. He really won't care at all if he gets nothing at all.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Clothes, bottles, burp clothes, books. Anything that is useful for you and your baby.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• How about a blanket, new bottle if you use them, sleep and plays etc.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• my son was EXACTLY 2mos for his 1st xmas. He got a bunch of 3+ month toys and plenty of winter clothes. I highly recommend all the baby 1st Christmas stuff you can find. Invest in fancy portraits!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Anything you might need for him. He is not going to know.......:)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Diapers, books, clothes. Get things that he uses but you need like diapers.
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 12:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• my sons first Christmas was last yr & my dr was talking to me about him & said that the first 2 Christmas you should kinda take it easy & not go wild, hes not gonna remember it anyways, just get the stuff you need for him like the others said. Or whatever the difference in price between the 2 children put the rest of the money you dont spend on him up for his birthday or next Christmas and spend a little extra then.
    JaxonsMommy16

Answer by JaxonsMommy16 at 1:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2010