What should I watch for?

My DD was playing yesterday and she accidently kicked the wall. Today her whole foot is a little swollen and the side of her foot and her big toe and pinky toe hurt. She says when she tries to spread her toes her foot hurts. Should I take her to the doc or just keep an eye on it. What other signs should I watch out for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• might be a good idea to take her in...in the meantime, keep her foot elevated, and ice it once a few times a day
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• real bruising, remendous swelling, not being able to bend any of the toes because there is a difference between a sprain and a fracture depending upon how hard the wall was kicked and if your child was wearing socks and sneakers or shoes to somewhat protect their foot.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'd err on the safe side and take her in. Bones that break and aren't set well in a growing child can cause big issues later on

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• She was barefoot. She hit it pretty hard. I dont see any bruising, there is some swelling. She refuses to try to bend her toes. She can put pressure on it but says it hurts.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• wink miniHi mommy, The good thing is the word you used is( Refused) so you know your child. To me my daughter refusing means she can and will not.....lol. If you have insurance that covers ER visits go for a x-ray. But most likely she will hop quick to the word OMG guess who is here, or Candy??? That is my daughter who is by the way 30 now.....lol Michelle

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 7:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would taker her in just to be safe....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 8:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would take her in never can be to safe. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• She has an appointment at 2(the earliest they could get her in) it is still swollen. It hurts when she tries to bend on her toes and her foot has an area that is red. Ill update as soon as I know something. Thank you everyone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Well it is not broken thank god.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• um I would take her to the Dr
    wowiemommy

Answer by wowiemommy at 5:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2010