how to get my husband to spend more time with our son??

Me and my husband have been married for about 2 and 1/2 years. We are both young,22, we have a 22 month old. My husband works full time and i am a stay at home mom. My husband is either playing video games after work or if it is deer season he is hunting. He has babysat our son one time by himself for about an hour b/c i had to go to the doctor. He does not do much with our son he does not change diapers. He does nothing i dont know what its like to have some ME time. I try everything i love my husband and he works his butt of for us but am i want my son to know his father. Can anyone help me??

his88angel

Asked by his88angel at 4:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you expressed these feelings to him? Some guys just don't take to babies,they'd rather they were older so they can take the kid along and do stuff with them.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• U don't babysit your own child,it is called being a dad!!! Does not change diapers,why not?? Tell your hubby u want to spend more family time together.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• some guys are like that they love kids but then they would rather the kid be older, they forget at times what comes first in a child all the growing up issues, it might be that he is waiting for him to grow up more so he can take him hunting and things, best thing is speak with your husband about it and get him to do something like change him put some clothes on him
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• oh i tell him all this and he just gets all upset. He tells me that he spent 10 min with him when he got home and thats good enough. My husband has changed a couple of pee pee diapers maybe like 10 since my son has been born but if my son poops he starts to gag and tells me he is going to throw up and gives my son to me. Ive tried explaining how i feel even his parents make comments and he gets upset and says there stupid. Its even taken a tole on our marriage but i grew up with a divorce family and i promised myself i would never do that to my child.

his88angel

Comment by his88angel (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Im very young myself, and so is my husbad.. we have 3 little ones and one on the way and yes, I am around your age and he is just a few years older lol, so like i said we're young.. he works full time, tons and tons of overtime constantly putting in 70 hours a week.. but let me tell you what.. this man wakes up, changes diapers, makes bottles, puts himself LAST, helps around the house, and you bet your butt he is w/ these kids every second he is home!! We get no alone time to ourselves.. and hardly any w/ just eachother.. but to see such a dedicated father i know our alone time will come... So your hubby needs to open his eyes and realize the things he is missing out on.. Maybe w/ a little advice from you, he will get it. Try buying the two of them something they can do together..i forget if you mentioned his age, but maybe something boyish they could make together.. or plan something fun and ask your husband to take him! g/l!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 4:23 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You can only talk to him about it and/or have another respected father talk to him. I would rather divorce my husband than have a husband who essentially ignores his child when he's around. It is so hurtful to have a father who just ignores you and treats you like you're a burden. Keep in mind that many times, it does not come "naturally" to be a good parent. Some need alot of coaxing and prodding and EDUCATION. To me, your DH is an IDIOT, BUT to him - he's just normal. :) So, I would work hard to educate him on what a truly good father is; reminding him that THIS IS HIS CHILD....and if it doesn't work:

Create a new promise: that you will only expose your young child/children to people who love and adore him. That you will only endure people who KNOW they are blessed to have this baby in their lives. That you will protect your child from anyone who treats him less than who he is.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2010