Medical Mj. Do you think patients are deserving of ridicule and insults? Do you bash prescription drug users as well?

I see a lot of people bashing and insulting medical mj pts, who have to have a script from an md to get their meds. Do you think it's ok to bash sick people? Do you think it's cool to bash people who take rx meds as well?

If you do think it's ok, why? Why are medical mj pts less deserving of respect than any other rx drug users?

Friday

Asked by Friday at 4:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• what is mj?
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 4:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I bash no one it serves no purpose
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:14 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think most "patients" have no reason to have the license. My niece and her husband both have them. WHY? Just so they can smoke. Not a thing wrong with either of them. They both have very high paying tech jobs. They live near San Fran, in Peterson.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think medical pot is a joke. You can pay a crack pot doctor $50 or whatever to give you a pot script. Claim you have back pain, give them money, and you are a legal drug user. Easy peasy.

People who need medical pot is another story. Those I won't bash. Whether I agree with pot use or not, I won't tell them how to manage their pain.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• usdragonflies, its medical marijuana.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would like to add, however, that I think mj should be legal.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Orionsgirl, is medical a joke or no? Your comments seem contradictory. Marijuana has been proven to have multiple medicinal benefits and has less side effects than most rx AND otc drugs. I agree there are crackpots that will give a script to anyone but I see many people automatically assume if one is a pt they are a fraud or just doing it to get high.

FTR I 100% support full legalization.

Friday

Comment by Friday (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Carpy, I can understand your questioning your family members but to assume most patients are frauds because of 2 people you know is a bit of a stretch, don't ya think?

At least your kin are respectable, working and legal as opposed to the stereotypical 'pothead'.

Friday

Comment by Friday (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I use medical MJ and have never told anyone...not friends, not family...no one, because of the stigma attached to it. It seems strange that i would be more open about my anti-depressant than about a sucker i eat a few times a month.

For those of you who aren't aware, you might be interested to know that RX MJ doen't have to be smoked.
    Anonymous

• – collapse

Weak people rely on drugs to get them through the day, even those with a prescription. This sounds like a persecution complex to me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 (hidden) + expand