At my wits end

I've been with my Bf for almost two years. We've been living together since february this year. Its been a difficult task lately not to want to turn tail and run. I have a child from a previous relationship and I have made that clear from the beginning I NEVER hid the fact that I had a child. In fact I'm very proud of her. Anyway, He has been so nit picky and know it all ish that I want to scream. It seems like he has a comment for everything I say or do. Last night we had a huge fight until 2am. I can't keep doing this anymore. I've put my best foot forward cooking cleaning and doing things for him but it doesn't seem like its ever enough. I have a full time job too and to him it seems menial because i work in an office and don't do much manual labor as his job entails. I just don't want it to escalate to violence.. been there done that w/ another guy. what should I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• My daughter's friend moved in with her BF and he was doing the same to her...telling her what to do, say and crap. She had enough and talked to BF and told him....I am not married to you and if you continue to treat me like crap then all the stuff I do for you...will STOP. To me it's never a good idea to move in with a BF, but I understand it happens, I mean two of my daughters live with their BF/Fiance, but once you make that step to live together the guy naturally settles in and starts taking you for granted and he's not your HUBBY. All I can offer to you is...tell him to knock it off or he's not getting treated the same, because you two arent' married. I believe my daughter's friend...did just that and he is treating her better.
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• For your daughters well being ...If the relationship is not working...Move on

Answer by louise2 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• it's not worth fighting about your child is more important, i say move out get your own life and place start over again if he really want to be with you he'll let you, keep things seperated from him till you feel it's time to go to the next step, its your feelings, your heart
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• well you already feel like leaving so why hold back what is your mind is telling you to do. instincts should be listened too. he could be a selfish prick and if your not marrying him then why put up with it. he is not worth it. he is not a nice guy. you want a nice guy. you either accept him or move on.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Well clearly that isnt working out. That is why we have BF's To see if they are the right match for us. When you figure out that they aren't then you move on.
    Anonymous

• I'm not completely sure, but it does sound like this relationship may be headed towards an "abusive relationship" . Since you say you've "been there done that", stop and really look at this relationship. Look for the classic signs of abuse. Did you have any type of counseling after your abusive relaionship ended? Remember the cycle of violence? Try to take your self out of the relationship and really look at it from outside! Like another person would see it. If you do see any ot these things in your relationship...you know what you have to do....leave....but it's better to find it out now and not end up marrying him and letting the abuse escalate!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 8, 2008