What can I take to give me energy ?

I feel lazy, tired and depressed a lot. I'm taking Paxil for Fibromyalga and Lortab for pain. I could ask my pharmacist but wanted your thoughts on what would be best first.

megamamaw

Asked by megamamaw at 4:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Health

• PPs are correct...Good ole exercise and nutrition!

If you aren't on a good multivitamin and mineral supplement already, then start. The B12, and B complex recommendations are good. Also, be sure you're getting enough magnesium (citrate or chelated) and a good Co Q10 and D-Ribose will make a difference you can feel -- usually the first day.

If you're eating sweets, cut them way back or eliminate them completely. That takes a few days to feel the improvement (and it's not easy...sugar is like a drug to many of us), but it will pay off.

Good Luck. :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Ask your doctor if you can get a B12 shot
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I drink the boost protien shakes. They work really good for me. Plus it might help if you take dailoy vitamins.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 4:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Honestly exercise gives you natural energy without any downsides. The more active you can be the more energy you will have. When it comes to depression I find it helpful to do something that makes you engage socially. Take a class, art, music, fitness whatever. You will feel better.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 4:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Thanks Ladies
    megamamaw

Comment by megamamaw (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Try walking briskly or couch potato to 5K -- it helps a lot and before you know it, you will be a jogger!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:50 PM on Dec. 16, 2010