Have you ever heard that dying your hair darker in the winter is the going thing?

My sil is a hair stylist and she said that is. Dark in winter, light in summer.

Asked by megamamaw at 4:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have always done this - maybe I am a trendsetter LOL

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I haven't heard that about dying it, but my hair is usually naturally a little darker in the winter because I don't get as much sun and a little lighter in the summer because I do get some sun.

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• That's funny that you say that. I just recently did my hair and the color was supposed to be a light golden brown. However, the coloring came out a reddish brown but much darker than I had anticipated. I'm still trying to decide if I really like the way it looks.

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I died my hair darker in the fall. In the summer I get blonde highlights.

Answer by ria7 at 5:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• yep thats the trend I am a hairdresser

Answer by Kelly2573 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My mom learned that when she was in beauty school in the 60s, so it's really not a new thing. She taught me, and I've been doing it for twenty seven years.

Answer by desert_diva at 5:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• This is actually the first year that I've liked my color enough not to go blonde in the summer. Usually I'm blonde/strawberry blonde in the summer and more of an auburn in the winter.

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• As long as i can remember i have heard you go darker in the winter and lighter in the summer. but be careful it can be really hard to get your hair blonde again.....maybe you should consider low lights?

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 6:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I've been doing that for 15 years. Highlights in late spring then all over color in late fall. I usually go a dark chocolate brown and copper and blond highlights. I have natural mousy brown hair

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2010