why do men feel jealous over pets?

My hubby thinks I love my chihuahua more than him, and give him more attention! We fight almost daily over this, and he's mean to the dog...not physically, but he intimidates him constantly. I'm furious over it, and don't understand why he acts so childish! I think it's his issue...not mine!

msmikkle

Asked by msmikkle at 1:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pets

• Because you give the dog unconditional love that men just don't understand. Not that you don't love your husband but it is an emotional threat to him.
    karmicenergy

Answer by karmicenergy at 9:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I hate to say that's normal. my bf hates my cat.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Maybe he just doesn't like small dogs? All of my neighbors have dogs... my DH HATES the yappy terrier to our left, but LOVES the bigger dog to our right.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• It might be that inadverdently you are giving more to the dog then to him. I watched someone close to me go through the same thing till they broke up... She was more worried about her dogs that her relationship took a backseat. she'd spend a hundred dollars on things for the dogs but then tell her BF sorry but I can't afford our going out plans tonight.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 8:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2008