Preparing Puppy for New Arrival

I am twelve weeks along so, very early.I have a 7mth old White German Shepherd.She is very well mannered and trained and has the sweetest temperament.My two year old niece is around her often and she does very well.I am a little worried about when the baby is here because she is very used to being the only child.lol.I would like to start to prepare her now if possible for sharing her attention and also being around a baby.My aunt recommended using a baby doll (holding it around her,laying it on a blanket and teaching her to leave it).Has anyone else worked with their puppy of dog before a new baby comes?

amberfm

Asked by amberfm at 4:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pets

• well i've only had this situation with cats and my nephew, but i taught them the same way ur aunt is suggesting. make sure they know the crib, high chair, and changing table are off limits. pay attention to ur niece more when she there with the dog. so on and so forth
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 11:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• im 33 wks pregnant and have a 5 month old cocker spaniel. I asked this question a few days ago and got some really helpful answers.

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/670720/Preparing_a_puppy_for_birth_of_a_new_baby thats the link :)
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 7:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i like the baby doll idea
    2milesboys

Answer by 2milesboys at 12:02 PM on Dec. 17, 2010