for step-moms

If your step-kids were to become yours and you could change their names, what would the new names be?
My step-daughter would be changed to Geneviere because I have always imagined King Arthur's wife with dark hair and my step-daughter has the most gorgeous midnight black hair.
My step-son is named after my husband, only his momma was too stupid to name him right, she made him an Albert the Second instead of a Junior which is what he is supposed to be. So I would change his name to make him sound less stupid and more like he's supposed to when a son is named after the father.

momnstepmom

Asked by momnstepmom at 4:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Baby Names

• He doesn't necessarily have to be an Albert, Jr., Albert II is also an acceptable form of the name.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I like my stepkids' names just fine.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 4:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• He's too old to change the name. Why do that to a kid?
    Anonymous

• why post anon if you want me to answer your question? There is no set age that means a child is too old to change the name, many children change their names later in life. My own BIL is changing his name and he's 27 years old.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I post everything anon. I don't understand why that should matter about whether you answer the question or not...
    Anonymous

• because answering anon means you don't have the guts to stand behind your words. And if you looked, I did answer your question towards the end.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My question wasn't ridiculous, and if you felt so then you shouldn't have posted an answer. It was a legit question to those who have wondered what they would have named their step-kids had they been the ones who had control over the naming.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I never said your question was ridiculous...I said anonymous question askers are bad if the questions are ridiculous. Sheesh.
    Anonymous

• Then I apologize.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 5:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• If i could rename my step kids I would have the oldest NOT be named after his father. It is way too confusing. I would name the youngest something that isn't so stuffy sounding. And the middle one I would leave since it was a name I seriously considered for one of my children.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010