anon people

Is it just me, or does posting and answering anon seem to make women more inclined to tear someone else down? I mean, it's like "if you don't know who I am then I can say whatever I want to you, about you, or whatever else I like". To me, anon posters are just trolls and should be teased and ridiculed for their inability to woman up and stand by what they have to say.
Just my opinion and I don't care if you agree or not. But I think anon should be removed so that those who are trolls can't post or answer anything.

momnstepmom

Asked by momnstepmom at 5:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Some might be embarrassed what they have to say. I know not all are trolls. I sometimes post anon when I'm ashamed of something and dont want ppl to know who I am. I can say I have never bashed anyone on this site by posting anon.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I've never used anonymous to answer a question to ridicule or hurt someone. BUT, since the Q&A section CAN be Googled by anyone (not just CM members) and I have family and friends who like to randomly Google my known usernames to see what comes up?

If there is an answer that I may not necessarily want shared with everyone who knows me in real life (whether because it's personal, embarrassing or potentially hurtful to someone else) then I answer anonymously.

Does the ability get abused at times? Absolutely, I won't deny it. I've seen the cattiness myself, but I think it's also unfair to tar everyone with the same brush.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• There can be a reason here or there to post a question anon - maybe you're embarassed to let anyone know you may have a particular problem, or maybe you don't want people to message you to tear you apart. I agree though that sometimes anon is used just to be ridiculous, just not all the time.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• "You talkin' to me?!" "Are you talkin' to me?!"
    Anonymous

• I post anon sometimes because this guy I dated for a short time (before I realized he was psychotic) still stalks me here, this section is the only part of Cafe Mom that is available to the general public..I don't want him knowing my most personal business, if it's just something light & fun though, I don't give a crap if he wants to sit around reading my stupid comments. I know of a few other women who have x's that stalk them here too...creeps!
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Don't concern yourself with anons who just want to be negative or tear you down, they aren't worth a seconds thought! You know they're just unhappy people trying to spread their misery, so just ignore them :)
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• "To me, anon posters are just trolls and should be teased and ridiculed for their inability to woman up and stand by what they have to say."

You made a blanket judgement call about all anons, you need to know that just because the ones you've dealt with are bashing you, were not all like that. If you want to spend your energies teasing and ridiculing anon posters no one is going to stop you, have fun with that.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Well maybe it's just me, becuase it seems everytime I post something on here I am getting bashed by anon posters all the time, there's one now that I'm dealing with.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 5:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Again, I repeat, to me everyone who has ever posted a response to something I have said was anon and they would do so just to ridicule and bash me. I previously stated that I believe.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 5:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sometimes, I answer anonymously because I feel like my answer may be helpful, but it may be too personal, and I don't necessarily want the whole world knowing about it.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 5:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010