How can I have more energy throughout the day?

shanapiv

Asked by shanapiv at 5:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Health

• Are you drinking enough water? Being even the teeniest bit dehydrated can leave you feeling droopy; be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    A magnesium deficiency is incredibly common, and can not only make you feel tired, but can trigger anxiety attacks and migraines, and intensify symptoms of ADD/ADHD. I take a calcium/magnesiumVitamin D (cal/mag/D) daily, to boost my energy, bones and immune system.
    You may want to examine your diet. Meat, dairy, alcohol, simple grains (like white rice and pastas), and processed sugars (the white stuff, too, not just high fructose corn syrup) are all energy sappers. Build your meals around vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• What good is exercise use if you don't have the energy to get up and do it? That's what I want to know. lol. Good question, OP..I also have this problem.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Stay away from refined sugar..eat fruit..exercise...I find that when I don't do my daily walks I get relly tired.. so tired around 2 or 3 in the afternoon that I want to have a nap, but if push through it and walk instead..then the next day I don't have that same tired feeling. Energy begats energy..in other words if you expend energy, you'll get more energy.
    Anonymous

• I agree that exercise helps a lot with energy. If you are in need of a pick me up, you can get cayenne capsules from Nature's Sunshine. They are natural and help increase the blood flow and help to feel more energized.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Drink water. Take Super B Complex w/ Vit C
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:46 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• AJ--The first few weeks of getting into an exercise routine, it can be hard to get used to, but when you work out, your body releases lots of "feel good" chemicals that actually help you feel more energized. It also helps increase/improve circulation which helps your body function better and makes you feel better.

OP--definitely recommend exercise, drinking plenty of water, eating lots of whole grains, fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, avoid processed, refined foods and sugars, etc. Caffeine can actually have the opposite effect you're looking for too--it keeps you "up" for a little while, but the crash makes you feel even worse, and even drinking it early in the day can interfere with your sleep at night, making you feel more tired during the day....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Snack on raw almonds and drink plenty of fluids. Stay away from sugar and soda because the "crash" effect could make you more tired. The sugar only lasts so long...
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 10:12 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I've started taking a multivitamin and stopped drinking caffiene and I feel soo much better. I have so much energy. And I realized once I started drinking water, I kept wanting more water. I think I was dehydrated.
    ModernMoonlight

Answer by ModernMoonlight at 11:59 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sometimes just going out in the fresh air is very reviving. If this is too much of an effort and you really feel too pooped, maybe this is a signal from your body and might need checking out. A mild dpression can make you feel tired too. god luck
    caterfran

Answer by caterfran at 1:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Plenty of sleep, lots of water, no sugar or dairy, supplements, healthy protien.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010