First gifts for unborn?

i am dued in may and just found out im having a boy, i would love to get the new baby a x mas gift? is it too soon and if not whats a good gift to buy an unborn child, something small or maybe something big? idk...any suggestions?

Onenamillion

Asked by Onenamillion at 5:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would buy something like clothes or something to decorate his room with just something you will need for him. I dont think its to soon to start buying. Im due in june and as soon as my mom found out she started buying little stuff like bibs, recieving blankets, and onesies that could be for a boy or a girl since i dont know what im having!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Me personally, I would save the money. If you feel like you really want to celebrate by buying a gift, just make it something small, something that maybe you'll need right in the hospital for the baby - like his first outfit to wear home.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:11 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Congratulations! I think there are plenty of items you can use for the arrival of your new baby. You should take in to consideration the month that your child will arrive since that will be a factor in what kind of clothing will be needed for that time of year if you are buying outfits.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My son is 15 months and I still don't buy him Christmas presents. He's not old enough for it to be meaningful to him, and I have many years ahead to give him something he'll really enjoy. Actually, I wrapped up a bunch of his toys and he enjoys just playing with those: he doesn't even want to unwrap them! I'll save my money for now. In other people will be giving him gifts, and I already get him the things that he needs. I agree with the first poster.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• good idea...thanks
    Onenamillion

Comment by Onenamillion (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I am due in January with my 3rd and mainly b/c I have a 7 and 5 year old I thought Santa should bring their baby sister something as well.

Santa is bringing her a new playpen and spoons for her mini stocking :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It seems unneccessary. It would be like celebrating mother's day when you're technically not a mom yet.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 6:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I disagree totally with MarvelousMama.....celebrating mothers day when you are pregnant is the most exciting and wonderful feeling. WHO makes these rules up??? MAKE YOUR OWN RULES UP! :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:55 PM on Dec. 16, 2010