I keep hearing that soso is a troll, that was a troll question, obviously it is said by Moms that have been on CM for a long time..

My question is, what kind of question or anything on CM makes one a troll? this is for really Moms who call others this and Moms that have had CM ALONG TIME.As I see it I dont get or see how anything one could ask or say would be wrong on here, of course unless Moms were cussing one another out but then what would start that?Do you understand my question here?lol

karencrouch

Asked by karencrouch at 5:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think it usually has to do with someone asking a question just to start drama or shock people or be horrific.... just for effect, not a genuine question. Someone is bored and wants to stir things up.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• A troll is an internet term for someone who posts something deliberately to incite or inflame arguments.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• There are a lot of men & kids pretending to be Moms on here that just like to start sh*t as well.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• In most people's questions to have a non-troll question would be like them not having one thought at all. Considering all of those labeling themselves non-trolls are of course perfect.
    Answering something that ends in the word troll only makes it wind up being those who name call one...''a troll'' ---the ones that are really starting the drama.
    If one doesn't like the question
    MOVE ON
    Anonymous

• Troll has nothing to do with CM. Trolling is an internet thing. It's existed longer than there's been an actual internet

What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I've been on here a long time and I feel that a lot of moms who are called trolls aren't. It seems like it happens a lot to new members, anon questions or just plain stupid questions. And while I don't doubt there are trouble makers on this site, I do think that a lot of the people who are called trolls are simply ignorant people asking questions.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:03 PM on Dec. 17, 2010