Anyone have a tip for getting a 2yr old to keep his mittens on??

I'm seriously considering duct tape! We talk about why we need to wear our mittens ( i keep mine on) and he nods and says yes, ok. As soon as we're outside, off they come. If he falls in the snow he wants them back on again, then minutes later there they go. He says mittens fell off, oh no! and says sorry mama. He needs the outdoor exercise, but when his hands feel like popsicles i take him back inside (tried no mittens we go inside but this didn't bother him) Help ! Do they make mittens that are hard to impossible for kids to pull off?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think there is a way around this with a 2 year old.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I was gonna go with "duct tape."

I think the real answer is time. He'll get it eventually. Maybe. My almost 13 yr old wore shorts yesterday. It was 35 out. I think he learned a lesson. Maybe.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No idea, it's the same for my 3 year old. I'll put them on him and he takes them right back off...however I think in snow he would actually keep them on. He did last time it snowed. But in the car, he pulls them off.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes it will pass, just dont let him stay out in the snow to long.
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Don't they still sell those kinds with clips or buttons to keep them on?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• LOL. I dealt with this earlier while out playing in the snow with my 2yo. She begged me over and over again to take off her mittens, and finally I let her keep one off. She kept it off the rest of the time we were outside (another 15-20 minutes). I basically had to drag her back in the house b/c I was afraid her fingers would get frost bitten, of course she had no clue :).
    HisCat

Answer by HisCat at 11:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010