Voting anon answers down?

I was just browsing answers and was noticing that many seem to be getting voted down for no reason other than they have used the anon option. I realize there are many on here that do not like that option for one reason or another, but why vote a person down? I am talking about answers that haven't bashed anyone or anything, just simply anon. If it is a useful answer it shouldn't matter who it came from.

Jessica157

Asked by Jessica157 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I agree with you 100%. Although I don't ever answer anon, I don't hold it against someone who does. I find answering anon is senseless for the most part. But, some people must have a reason for doing so. It really doesn't matter to me whether an answer has a name or not. I've seen several pissy remarks and ?s in here about the anon function. And, I think it's wrong that this particular group of women have ganged up to vote down all the anons. To me, it's just a form of cyber bullying.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes, I don't understand that either. Help is help, anonymous or not. If it's bashing or critical with no point, then I can see voting it down.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• SO many are against it. They are trying to prove a point I guess. Some people use it because they also have family members on here. I admit if I had family on here more of my posts and questions would be anon.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 5:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I can't imagine voting an answer down just because they are anon. But I will not vote them up either. I have never used the Anon option, I have yet to see a reason for it. And I want to know I'm voting up legit answers, so I won't vote them down - but I won't vote them up either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I don't think that is a good reason to vote people down. I have only voted anon down when they have been super nasty. I generally don't vote people down at all though
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• voted down for no reason other than they have used the anon option.

where is the voter's motivation indicated? I must have missed where that's posted.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• autodidact, I think the OP is likely referring to the questions that are completely uncontroversial, and the anon answer is simply a statement, nothing rude, condescending, or otherwise offensive in any way. I've seen it done too and think it's terribly silly. Of course we can't say for certain that's what the motivation was, but when it's not an answer that warranted a downvote, and the anon is the ONLY one that got the thumbs down, you just kind of have to figure that it was simply because she employed the anonymous button. So many anon haters here.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Some people are so anti-anon, it's ridiculous.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• If vote down if I do not agree with the comment no other reason - a thumbs down does not signify anything other then I disagree. Personally I would rather get a plain thumbs down then an asinine essay on the "right" way to think.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 11:45 PM on Dec. 17, 2010