Hundreds Of Toys For Needy Kids Stolen?

ORANGEVALE (CBS13) – Hundreds of toys set aside for kids in need have been stolen just days before Christmas.

The toys were taken from the lobby of the Orangevale Chamber of Commerce Monday night.

They were donations to the Toys for Tots program.

And chamber employees have a message for the people who stole them.

“If you need help with anything, I mean the chamber is here to help. They just had to ask rather than just to take. But I hope you find it in your heart to take them to the U.S. Marine Corp and give them to the kids that need them,” said Lisa Montes of the Orangevale Chamber Of Commerce.

In the meantime, they’re looking at surveillance tapes to see if they can find a clue into who may have taken those toys.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2010/12/15/hundreds-of-toys-for-needy-kids-stolen-in-orangevale/

What should they do if they catch the thieve(s)? Jail? Communtity service?

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 5:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• I was just watching on the news about a woman who took all the toys, clothes, coats, etc. that organizations had provided for her children for Christmas and sold them for crack! What is WRONG with people?!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I don't think community service should be an option. I think jail time should be in order and a lot more time in jail than the state allows for someone who steals. That's just wrong to be so darn greedy.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 5:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Jail Time def and they should have to do some HEAVY longterm volunteering with the less fortunate.

We had some stolen near me in Humble the other day. They were unloading a truck, when in the bldg to put some things up and someone stole items in broad daylight.

Go get a damn job, pick up cans, rake leaves or something but dont STEAL!
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• this is awful! i cant believe someone would do something like that!! some people are just ridiculous!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• so awful.. people make me sooo sick..... I have always been annoyed by people like this how take and take and take and I dp not understand how they could be such wenches and trolls.. ....people are ruthless
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Omg. That is so sad. I say give them the harshest punishment they can for theft. What kind of piece of $hit steals kids' Christmas presents?!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• A couple years ago the Salvation Army had a truck load of toys stolen in a couple towns away.They were the older kids things and they put it on the news to try to get some more donations so the kids didn't lose out. Well the community ended up donating more than was stolen. You know I was looking in craigslist for used toys for my daughter because its kind of a hard year. And I see a lot of toys that are new I was wondering if maybe ppl got them as a donation and are selling them.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:49 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That is just terrible!! I hope they catch whoever did it and put them in jail.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:14 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• That's horrible and i think jail and community service AND a fine would be appropriate! Those poor kids... That really breaks my heart :(
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 12:30 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• wow... people just blow me away... I don't understand how people are so heartless
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 17, 2010