Al Qaeda Planning Holiday Attacks?

Iraqi authorities warn of suicide attacks in U.S., Europe during Christmas season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1RMoM0Q7Xw

SavageGrl

Asked by SavageGrl at 5:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Happens every year. Got anything new to share?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Seem to remember that being said last year too and what happened? We shouldn't get too lax about it just because they say it all the time.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 5:57 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• With the current administration so dismally inept, it's a pretty good time for attacks. Another 9/11 and Obama will have to take 6 golf trips and 3 more vacations before he'll ever get around to doing nothing but give lip service and babble a bunch of shit he doesn't mean.......Unless the attack would make him & Michelle late for a party. Then he'd get Clinton right on it and we'll immediately bomb a pharmaceutical plant in Sudan for no apparent reason.

this was a comment under the video..It kinda made me giggle.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 5:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I posted this the other day. Some don't seem to comprehend that one of these attempts will someday be a success.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Carpy I fully understand that some day it will happen. However, I am not going to live my life in fear of something I can not change. I served my time for my country and that is all I can do. I know I made light of the subject and that probably made you upset, but like I said, I am going to enjoy the rest of my life with my husband and children.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 6:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm sure they, and others, are planning attacks all the time. I don't doubt their beliefs or resolve but I do question their capabilities.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 6:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Tis the season.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

It's not that we don't comprehend carpy, it's that we don't let it consume us. The military gets reports of threats all the time and it's always heightened this time of year. I refuse to let the terrorist get the best of me and I trust in the military to do their job. If I let every thing reported get to me I'd never travel and I wouldn't enjoy life to the fullest. It's not worth it to get overly concerned.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:44 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Carpy I fully understand that some day it will happen. However, I am not going to live my life in fear of something I can not change.

I don't either.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I guess liberals seem to think us conservatives and anyone else concerned with the fact that we're "overdue" and ripe for a major attack, thinks this is all we are consumed with! LOL The FACT is we are "stocked, locked and loaded" and because we are prepared to weather any storm for a number of months if need be, we don't NEED to be consumed over the where and when another attack will occur!

Can libs say the same?! How long would city-dwellers--those without cars, with less than 3 days worth of non-perishable food on hand, and without electricity, survive?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2010