Christmas ideas/traditions

What do you do when you get together as a family on Christmas?...activities, food, games...anything. I'm looking to start new traditions with my family and extended family, and I need ideas. Thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• On Christmas morning, all the grandparents and great grandparents circle the houses like mine with young kids and we wait for them to get there before we open presents so they can watch. I make some flavored coffee and usually cinnamon rolls for them to eat with us for breakfast. After the morning festivities, we go to my grandma's to have Christmas there.

One of my favorite holiday activities is the ornament exchange...everyone buys an ornament and wraps it up to bring to the party, and then everyone picks out one as they leave to unwrap and take home. Lots of good food (and drink lol) and its not expensive to do. I look forward to it every year. Its not just for family...we now have over 50 people that come from everyone's work or family friends.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• On Christmas eve my little family and my brothers family go to my mom and stepdads. We all show up in our pj's and my mom makes all of our favorite finger foods. Mom always has a new idea for the kids to make a new ornament, her goal is for them to have enough to cover a tree when get out on their own. We snack and open presents and just have a blast.

Then we have the "big" family gathering with the whole family sometime within a week or 2 of Christmas. We all bring a dish and do presents for the kids. Every year before everyone leaves we take a family photo and I send everyone home with an enexpencive holiday frame and picture.

Its making me excited just thinking of all the fun we are gonna have.
    ZakZaksmom

Answer by ZakZaksmom at 5:11 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• When the kids were little, we used to take them cruising in the small town we lived in in CA to see the lights on Christmas Eve. We'd have munchies in the car and thermos' of hot cocoa. There was a house near the Chruch I went to, where the man would dress as Santa and his wife was Mrs Claus. They had really old Christmas decorations. He had a book for ppl to sign every year and he'd look later in the year to see how many years families had been coming. His house was always our last. Then to home we'd go, let them open a small gift and then off to bed so Santa could come.
    Now that my kids are all grown with their own families, I really miss those days. BTW, whoever thinks the Mojave Desert doesn' get cold in winter...think again!!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 5:27 AM on Nov. 9, 2008