Do you have a remedy for a sore hand from crocheting?

I've been crocheting so much for Christmas that my right hand is very sore. I'm not finished yet! Any suggestions to relieve it so I can keep going?

booksandhooks

Asked by booksandhooks at 5:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• There are some neat things out right now. Have you seen the air activated heat gloves? They are like the air activated heat packs that you can stick to your back or neck, whatever. But these are actually glove shaped. You can attach if to your hand like a brace/splint. They are sold near the Icy Hot and similar products.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Maybe try soaking it in some warm water with epsom salts for a little while in the evenings? Also, Aleve pain reliever works wonders!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 6:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Hate to say it but it wont get better unless you stop for a few days
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have a parafin wax bath thingy, you put your hands in the hot wax and let it soak in a bit then peel the wax off, it's instant relief.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• M-avi..do you heat the gloves in the microwave, or are they a one time deal? I don't understand "air activated"...?
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 6:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nope. I have the same problem. I just constantly flex my hand and fingers a lot. Best of luck finishing it...I'm rushing to finish one myself. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010