My son ended up getting rotavirus. Does anyone have any tips on helping him sleep? He is really uncomfortable! Any other tips would be great.

tabarismom

Asked by tabarismom at 10:06 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Health

• All my son did was sleep when he got Rotavirus. But he was in the hospital for a week hooked up to an IV. I guess every kid is different when they get sick. I guess try a soothing warm bath, soothing music and tylenol for the fever and discomfort. Hope he feels better soon.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:50 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My 11 year old had this when he was 2 and my 3 year old had it when he was 18 months. It is a nasty virus. If he is old enough for some sprite or ginger ale this will help calm the tummy. Ginger ale is the best choice out of the 2 because it has ginger in it and ginger is a natural tummy soother. I would just cuddle with the little guy and be there ready with anything that will keep him hydrated..poscicles gatorade,gingerale sprite...Stay away from spicy foods...Do the BRAT diet...Bananas rice applesauce and toast diet. It help whenever they have an icky bug like this. Hope he feels better soon!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 12:52 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• Keep him hydrated. My daughter ended up in the hospital for 4 days because she was dehydrated. then when she was hydrated she wouldnt eat so they wanted to make sure she would eat. hydration is very important. pedialyte, water.....etc
    MizzNicole

Answer by MizzNicole at 5:09 PM on Nov. 9, 2008