Dislocated shoulder

My SO's friend shoulder got dislocated, so he had it popped back into place, he is saying that he was going to go to the doctor for physical therapy but then realized it would cost too much.
okay okay, I don't mean to laugh but come on now
LOL, I have seen so many people pop their shoulder back in place, wear a sling, or just rest for a while, and they are fine. Physical therapy though??? LOL wuss

I was like, yeah go to the physical therapists office so you can get laughed at.

Would you think this is a case of a man being a baby, or am I being insensitive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Health

• I have dislocated many body parts and it is not fun. I had to do PT for both of my knees and my shoulder. My knees are prone to dislocate and it hurts like hell, I can not image how it feels for someone who is not a slack as I am.

The PT is more to strengthen the should back more than anything else.

I'm just saying it could be necessary.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I do not know anything about dislocated joints. But if his doctor said he should go I guess he can. He might get some education on strengthen his shoulder muscles.  I went to physical therapy for my back and neck and go some good exercises for my back and neck.

Answer by louise2 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yeah I could see for knees, because you have not many options but to walk or be immobilized but I've popped my shoulder out, because someone hugged me way to hard from behind me, and I just popped it back in and laid down and stopped using it for a day. It was sore but not serious.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• PT for dislocated shoulder is more to tighten the muscles back to normal to keep the shoulder from popping back out real easy.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 6:47 PM on Dec. 16, 2010