My Friends situation

My best friends husband walked out on her two days ago. My Friend had surgery about a week ago and is on crutches for at least 6 weeks. Her husband drained their bank acct: They have no children together, but my friend does have a 16 yr old daughter. I don't know what to tell her to do. She literally has no cash at all. The DH left her for his ex-wife! How sick is that? She is in tears because she wrote a check to her mortgage company, but the check is going to bounce because he took all of the cash, I offered all the advice I know. I told her to call the mortgage company to see if the house payment could not be deferred. She hasn't worked in three yrs due to some medical problems and the DH is a major job hopper...any advice on what she could do? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree she should call the mortgage company and talk with them first. Second she should call a laywer in the area. I understand she doesn't have money although they might give her some advice on what to do. If she hasn't worked in 3 years because of medical reason she should look into disability or state help for now until she can figure things out.

I wish her luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• get a divorce & ask for alimony? Sell the house & get a small apartment?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:37 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Most lawyers will give a complimentary first time consultation. Also she can Google her state and the words "bar association" and search the state's website for pro bono (free) legal help. I agree she should also call the mortgage company and talk with them.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i agree with the 1st and 2nd answer. but u should advise her never to get back with that heartless pig, dont let him weasel his way back into her life. men have way of running back home with their tail between their legs when they find out that the grass wasn't greener on the other side after all.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2010