Dont tell me that, PLEASE!!!!

I have a 7month old son who was born with beautiful long hair and has not lost any of it.....in fact he needs a haircut already...lol. I really am getting tired of strangers at the store saying "oh, all that beautiful hair is wasted on a BOY!" My other kids can hear ppl saying that and understand what they are saying. Soon David will too. Nothing is wasted on my boys. I feel like they are saying that he is not worthy of his hair! I think it is rude.

team21

Asked by team21 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is rude
    Tesha_Ann

Answer by Tesha_Ann at 6:38 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• People are just rude. I have been told crap like that too. I would say something like..."It isn't wasted on him, he looks quite handsome with it". Or maybe..."Why would you say that, should boys not have nice hair too?".

Turn it back on them and maybe it will save some other mom from having to hear it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• that is so rude, boys deserve good hair just as much as girls, dont be afraid to say something to those people
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Everyone assumes boys will have a haircut sooner or later. Just simply say something like "I love little boys with long hair", let it be , and enjoy it!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• That is rude! Maybe you can say something back to them like, "I can see MANNERS were wasted on you!"
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Tell people to shut there mouths and its a waste of a human body to have them there
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Males usually do not treat their hair well. Like us women do. So when a male has good hair. It makes us women mad cause your son will end up abusing his hair later on in life, probably.  That's why they say that.

Answer by louise2 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I don't find it rude at all, it's basically just saying that your son has beautiful hair and wouldn't it be pretty on a girl. This is not a big deal and certainly not something to be upset about.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, that wouldn't upset me. I would just laugh it off. I do agree with Anon above. They are probably just trying to say that. Sometimes, people just want to comment on a cute little baby and don't quite no what else to say. Don't let it bother you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I don't find this anything worth getting bothered over. It's not a big deal.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010