Lost favorite Binky.

My 18 month old...she has a certain binky she cant be without...i mean.. CANT.

So, about two days ago she was crying hysterically over losing it...I dont know where the heeck it is ..so i bought one that looked like it and *stupid me* opened it in front of her and she started screaming....

Its been two days now..and shes not getting better, shes not forgetting about it, and any chance she gets she cries about this lost binky.

I dont know what to do...maybe this is a dumb question..but
I dont know...Im gonna cry if i dont find it LOL I NEED TO SLEEP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as she is eating and everything else is fine, I think in a couple more days it will pass.
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Just let it go. I know that you are tired, but in the end it will be better than having to get rid of it again in a few months.

Have you told her that the binky fairy must have taken it for a baby who needed it. Yes, it's lying to a child, but it might make her feel better. And then offer to buy her a special stuffed kitty, puppy or what she wants that she can cuddle when she misses her binky.

I'm really grasping at straws for you because my one binky kid lost his at 15 months and never so much as batted an eyelash. We just played up the blankie instead. My other 2 never took anything.

Goodluck!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2010