• In the Spotlight:

Whats with the "get over it"???

All of a sudden, the new phrase is "get over it" Are we not allowed to talk about ANYTHING any more? The people who keep answering "get over it" need to take a chill pill. And I'm not talking just about the election either. Gee whiz!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess people have just as much right to say "get over it" as much as people have a right to complain about stuff. Free speech and all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I'm assuming this is in terms of the President Elect becuase it wasn't specified.

It is time to get over it. America has spoken in an overwhelming majority. Support our country and our new President Elect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Um, ya, I DID specify its NOT just the election.....read the question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Within the confines of CM rules, this is a public forum and you can express your opinion. If your statement is in regards to people saying get over it when others complain about the recent election, well, it is time to get over it. Obama is the President Elect and will soon be sworn in for a 4 year term. It's done, nothing will change that. If you are that unhappy, move to Canada.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• WHAT EVER! You guys OBVIOUSLY DIDN"T READ THE QUESTION!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Actually, "get over it" is not a new phrase at all. It is something people say when they believe that people are complaining about something with little or no relevance, or beating a dead horse.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 10:30 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think it's just a leftist 'wit'. They have no real arguement about the real issues, so they just tell you to get over it because they are sick of being brought down with reality. It's rainbow and pony time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• anon 9:34
    it's always rainbow and pony time for me, sorry I choose to be optimistic about everything!!!
    When it comes to "get over it" I think most ppl say it when they are tired of ppl gripping about the same things over and over again, or just gripping in general.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 11:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Why are you asking anonymously? Are the complaints about the election results going to change anything? Why not show our future President some support?
    vintagemom45

Answer by vintagemom45 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I have a feeling that you post a lot of stuff that is lame so people are compelled to constantly tell you to "get over it".

Looks like your problem and I think you should get over it ;)
    Ellen523

Answer by Ellen523 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 8, 2008