What does friendship mean to you?

Most people I know don't know the meaning of friendship, or at least, have a different idea of what it means than I do. I'm curious to know what yall think it means. =]

-AJ

Asked by -AJ at 7:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• It means that you are always there for each other no matter what. That you can trust each other and know that the truth will be told whether it hurts or not. It means that you will give each other your opinions but will also be a supportive shoulder to cry on when things don't go the way you planned. That you will be there to celebrate lifes victories and mourn each others losses.
    MommysAngels810

Answer by MommysAngels810 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The meaning to me is accepting me for who I am and listening to me no matter what. Giving me your advice when I ask for it and don't stand in judgement of me. My best friend and I do that for each other.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:49 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• loyalty, help for anything anytime, love, support, empathy, and belief in one another...it doesnt mean you always agree, it doesnt mean you keep score, it doesnt mean you judge (though you can have an opinion thats differeent), and it doesnt mean only when its convenient or beneficial to be a friend.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:39 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Being supportive, loyal, honest and nurturing.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• it means you will always be there for that person no matter what and always tell them the truth whether it hurts or not.
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 10:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think it means that you're stuck together like glue, through the thick and the thin, no matter what.
    Averylee85

Answer by Averylee85 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I agree with the first post

Answer by admckenzie at 11:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Loyalty, honestly, selflessness and longevity.

You should always be there for your friends if you're able. You should be a shoulder to cry on and always have an open ear. I love my friends and in my house...my guest room is for guests of course, but if a friend fell on hard times....that bed is always open.

Great friends are few and far between, so you must cherish them.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Friendship to me is someone who accepts me for who I am, good or bad, someone I can tell my deepest, darkest secrets too, who will be there for me on good days and bad. In life your lucky if you can count your truest friends on one hand. Everyone else is just aquaintances.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• The meaning of friendship to me is having someone to vent to who will listen, someone to lean on in hard times without conditions, someone to talk to. Friends mean a lot to me, a step below my family, in my opinion.
    mamaziller

Answer by mamaziller at 9:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2010