What is the most memorable Christmas present you have ever gotten?

Our first Christmas together, hubby gave me a promise ring for Christmas. What's yours?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 7:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Holidays

• My mom has been Epileptic most of her life. When I was 13, she started having grand mall seizures again. She was not able to work, and it was just her and I. I knew I wasn't going to get much,and all I cared about was having her alive,and back home with me. Her boss called us the day we got out for Christmas break,and said she and her husband were coming over. It turned out, they had collected money from the other employees, gifts, and food. They brought us boxes of stuff, enough food to do mom and I for weeks, and enough money for her to buy me something. It was honestly, the best Christmas I ever had. My mom was alive, and even though she wasn't healthy, she was home with me, and then to get this amazing surprise,and show us just how good people truly are.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• When I was little I used to open the presents and re-wrap them. One year when I was maybe 8 my mom got smart and put ridulous things under the tree. When I opened a pack of Leggs nylons I lost all interest and never opened another present. I have received some fantastic gifts but I will never forget that.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 7:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• my new wedding ring that he got me last year.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 7:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The barbie RV when I was like 6, I know, that's not saying a lot!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• my engagement ring and we got married 3 months later
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I was young... maybe 7 or 8... I got a red paramedic/fire truck ( I was in to the show Emergency:Squad 51 and wanted to be a paramedic), a Wooden toboggan and a hockey stick!! Best Christmas I remember!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My first car from my dad. It was a nissan pulsar. I had a great time in that car. LOL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 9:21 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It might be the acoustic guitar my dad bought me a few years ago. It was so beautiful that I got tears in my eyes when I opened it! I was just starting to play at the time and the fact that he got me such a nice, high-end guitar for my first one flattered me. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My dad was a very practical guy. One Christmas after he had given me their old car (I was around 19 or so), he came into the livingroom dragging these two big garbage bags. One was for my mom, one was for me. He had gotten both of us maintenance stuff for each of our cars; oil, oil filters, air filters, etc. My mom was FURIOUS!! Me. . . I'm practical like Dad; I thought "Great! Look at all the stuff I won't have to buy for the car!!" My sweetie that I'm with now, he wants to always buy my jewelry and pretty clothes, and I'm always telling him that I'd rather have a new skillet or a dryer or a waffle iron. . . he gets so frustrated with me! LOL
    VanBurren

Answer by VanBurren at 11:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• my wedding ring
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 17, 2010