Has this worked for anyone starting to miscarry?

Okay so tuesday at work I started spotting a little. I called my obgyn and they said it isn't uncommon for you to have a little spotting in pregnancy, but to go ahead and go home and be on bedrest for a few days. I get home, and the bleeding is getting heavier, so I call the dr., and they are all out to lunch. So, I just go to the ER and stay there for the rest of the evening. I didn't get to vote, but I wasn't too concerned at the time.... They find the baby and it has a heartbeat, the lady doing the ultrasound wasn't supposed to show me, but she did... They did some testing and my progestrone number was going down and my body was or is trying to get rid of the baby. So I'm taking the vaginal progestrone suppositories -sp-? and hoping for the best until monday when I go back to the ob. Has this ever worked for anyone? I'm still bleeding and cramping, but only blood is coming out. Nothing greyish or like tissue..

AidersMommy

Asked by AidersMommy at 10:20 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry about this....I hope it turns out well... But when a woman Miscarries it is usually because there is some thing wrong with the baby..I hope thats not your case..GL
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:25 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I didnt show any signs of miscarring but my progestrone was low so the doc but me on progestrone at 5 weeks along so that I would not miscarry. It worked for me, as I am 23 weeks now. Good Luck and I hope everything goes great!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:32 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It's worth a try! If the baby still has a heart beat then there is still hope! I had a miscarriage 2 years ago. Because I chart my temperatures I could tell that I had low progesterone and I'm sure that's why I miscarried. I got pregnant again a few months later and told the doctor to check my progesterone level, sure enough it was low, I was put on some progesterone pills and now I have a healthy almost 1 year old. Of course I don't know that I would have miscarried if I hadn't been on the pills. Sometimes bleeding and cramping is normal though. When I had my miscarriage and told the doctor I was bleeding and cramping he gave me a 50/50 chance of losing the baby. That's not bad odds!
    pennythekitty

Answer by pennythekitty at 10:45 AM on Nov. 8, 2008