my husband relates every aspect our realationship to sports, how can i stop this

Any and every argument ends with him comparing me to a head coach that got fired or a game plan that is worn out and unsucessful, i called him my DH and he asked me "how do you know what a designated hitter is" this is getting out of control i fear that the only intimate sports free moments we share will soon be filled with sports trivia and a run down of the days final scores.......does any one else have a sports obsessed husband

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Could be worse. You could hear "My wife is going to foal this spring" or "she's just being an ornery mare" or some other livestock relation! You think i'm kidding.......i'm not! Lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• why would you want to take out the things that your husband loves and understands? he is just telling you how he sees it in a way that he understands it. but i also think he is trying to be funny. but if it's really a concern i would just say stop it...if it were me i wouldn't approach this situation bc it's just not worth it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My husband isn't a sports guy. So his communication issues come out differently.

I'm wondering, solely based on what you have shared here, maybe this is the only way your husband knows how to try and communicate his thoughts/feelings to you,. Everyone has their own communication style, and the less able someone is to affectively communicate, the harder it is to really understand (especially in a case like you are sharing) them and what they are trying to share.

Have the two of you ever tried communication exercises, reading books about maritale/male-female communication or thought of seeing a counselor in order to help the 2 of you to learn how to communicate with one another more affectively?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Has he always been like this?

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm a big sports fan myself. But I'm not that bad. LOL. But I would suggest maybe giving him a taste of his own medicine.After u have sex tell him. You need him to stay in the pocket a lil longer and go deep for the touchdown. And if he can't do that u will be forced to bench him and call in a sub. =-)
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i would get a whistle and blow it every time he talks in his sports lingo...i really would. thats a bit too macho of a personality imo. he needs to chill. or i would buy him some knitting needles.....
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2010