I need advice on dealing w/ outrageous tantrums

I have 2 year old who has terrible tantrums! Right now they are mostly when I put onhis coat and try for hat. He is my 3rd and last boy, I have never had to deal w/ this issue this bad! i have tried everything and there is no reasoning ( I know he is only 2 and there is no reasoning) but I am sure u catch what I am saying. I need suggestions, sometimes I think maybe there is something wrong w him.  He also does this at my work and in public, he will run away from me, he has no fear.  he kicks off his shoes, squirms all over the place.....I feel like I have lost control

my3byz

Asked by my3byz at 7:16 PM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wouldn't reason with a 2yo, as a parent i don't reason with them i tell them what i expect and they either do it or will be in time out until they are ready to do it. i don't like the idea of giving them attention while they are having a tantrum, i used to go brush my hair until my son came to me.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i would ignore them less attention the better. when they are done throwing a fit explain that you will not talk to him when he throws tantrums
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 7:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Its best to just ignore it, if he gets your attention he will continue, but if he gets no reaction he will stop. Its normal for a 2 year old to do this!
    Alta2008

Answer by Alta2008 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Ignore him. He'll try harder at first but then when he sees you don't care he'll stop. Have you tried letting him do it himself? I know someone whos kid used to act out b/c the kid wanted to assert his independence and the mom didn't recognize it lol.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My best advice is to ignore the tantrum. My daughter went through her tantrum phase and the more i ignored it the less it happened
    mylady13135

Answer by mylady13135 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2010